Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Cycle and Run Update

I competed in the local cycle club here PNP's(pnp.org.nz) winter race series, they have a four race series leading onto Road Nationals which is also on my calender.

I WON.... on handicap but i was very pleased with that result as it shows that all the endurance training I've been doing hasn't taken away from me my racing ability which i will need at Road Nationals in October in Nelson for the Time Trial and the Road Race... So great result there and next race this weekend.

I have the 5 bridges marathon coming up on the 16th of this month, it is an off road marathon in the Hutt Valley, i have been doing the training miles for this one but it is one of the big tick off events along with the half IM to complete before IM

I'm looking for a time around 3hrs 30mins to be comfortable and feel like i am on schedule for the IM marathon which i have scheduled to run in 4hrs.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Nick, a good result, eh! Keep it up.
    Cheers, Ben and gang

    ReplyDelete