Saturday, June 27, 2009

Swim update: big technique breakthrough

I had a big technique break through on Friday during a coaching session with my coach Michi, Michi told me to speed up my leg revolutions and stroke less, in essence i had to slow down to speed up, this has had a huge impact on my stroke rate, i now can complete laps with an average of 17 strokes where before it took me 28, this means i will get out of the water fresher and ready to get on the bike... thank you for that michi...

1 comment:

  1. That really is very interesting, who'd have thought, eh. When you say "leg revolutions", you mean, well, erm, "kicking" to phrase it somewhat more loosely?? I just can't imagine a leg doing a revolution. When I swim, I kick with my legs, I don't revolve them! :)
    Keep it up, brudda. Cheers, Ben

    ReplyDelete