Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Big Month of January

For me the month of January 2010 is crucial in the build up to NZ Ironman 2010, it is the month when I do my big miles in the pool / open water, on the bike and on the run.

This month is critical to the race plan and so far things have gone according to plan... here's how things have shaped up so far.

I decided to spend Week 1 in Waikanae with my swim coach Grant Campbell and Manager Michelle Laurenson, thanks guys for putting up with me !!!

Over the week I swam 25km and rode 150km. I completely reworked my swim kick technique so now I am swimming faster and more efficiently than before.

At the end of January I have a race, a Scorching Tri on the 25th, this will be a good tester to see whether all the training has paid off and i'm in good shape heading into February. In addition to that I have the Sovereign Ocean Swim on the 30th.
All good events leading up to race day, March 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment