Saturday, January 30, 2010

January events round up

January is a month of hard training for me and competition.

I've just completed my 2nd Scorching try and the Sovereign Ocean Swim,

The 2nd Scorching Tri was on Wellington Anniversary Weekend, the 25th of January. It was an event of ups and down's for me. I had a good swim time wise but had problems with navagation, an issue I have yet to full solve. My bike was slow, 10 mins slower than it should have been, no excuses. My run was great, I ran a 50 min 10k without my new orthotics (faster than ironman pace). Over all I had mixed feelings about the race. The next tri is on the 14th of February, I'm looking to right the problems identified in the last tri in that race.

The Sovereign Ocean Swim on the 29th was a challenging swim in Wellington harbour of 2.8km, the sea was choppy, I felt I swam strongly but my navigation issues discovered at the tri, caused me to slow down through course correction and I ran over the time limit for the swim.
At the end of the swim I was feeling strong and swimming strongly, after the swim I completed a 10km run as per my schedule for that day.

Overall I was somewhat disappointed not to complete a swim that I had complete earlier in the week, but now it is behind me, and I move on to the tri on the 14th.

No comments:

Post a Comment